The end of financial year is fast approaching! Have you started planning yet?
It is important to book in for a review prior to the end of financial year to take advantage of planning opportunities and ensure you are in the best position you can be. We can you look at strategies, take stock and look at where you are tax-wise for the year to avoid any nasty surprises come tax time.
Not sure if tax planning will benefit you? It can provide big benefits if you:
- are unsure of how to read your business financials and dont know if you have tax payable for the year
- have significant changes to you business profitability
- have sold any substantial assets like an investment property, business or shares
- have a Discretionary Trust and must document a Trustee Resolution before 30 June to avoid paying 47% tax
- are reaching retirement and are unsure of how to take advantage of superannuation strategies
- have had a change in your personal circumstances and you are unsure of how this might affect your tax
Now is also a great time to ensure you wrap up any loose ends. It is really important that any unpaid employee super or late super payments are dealt with immediately.
If you would like further advice or would like a tax planning assessment, please contact us.
Welcome to Sciacca’s News – July 2015
Happy New Financial Year! Have you got big plans for this new year? More importantly, do you have a plan for how you are going to make it happen?
Remember we’re here to help. If you need advice or someone to run things by, to make sure you’re on the right track, give us a call. This month we’re talking about :
- Why you need a financial advisor
Superannuation, insurance, investments, budgeting… is your mind already wandering and eyes glazing over?
We understand that knowing where and how to invest your money, can be confusing and overwhelming……….
- Retirement – the most important career move you’ll ever make
Heading into retirement and contemplating ending paid work, means you need to rethink the risks in your portfolio.
Are you fearful of retirement? Most of us are very anxious for what retirement means for our lives. The allure of time to spend with your family and freedom from the demanding schedule of work is matched with a new set of responsibilities – that of financial survival as a ‘sole business owner’ to your household.Retirement is a change of career, not an end of a career…………
- July checklist for employers
As an employer you need to:
- provide payment summaries to your employees by 14 July
- lodge your PAYG withholding payment summary annual report
- check you’re using tax tables applying from 1 July 2015…….
With the end of the financial year fast approaching, now is the time to start thinking about tax!
Or if you prefer not to, then let us do it! Book in now for a tax planning session with John and see how you can save. Call us on 07 3357 5553 or email email@example.com
In the meantime, here’s John with 4 quick tax tips and some good news on how he can help you reduce your tax.